Sunday, August 10, 2008

<3

I couldn't help it. I have to write this down lest I want to burst into a gazillion pieces. I need to let this out. But even if I do, I don't think this feeling will ever go away. Well, I don't want it to, even if it drives me crazy. Sounds ironic, huh? I just can't help it. I finally found happiness.

This is coming from a former emo kid. I wasn't really emotive hardcore, maybe halfway there. But I wasn't happy before. Hell, I felt that I lost grip of everything. I turned to other avenues and sources for happiness. Yeah, I became happy, but it wasn't the kind I was looking for. I wanted something more. So, I kept looking. I kept searching. And I kept making mistakes. Until that fateful day in January, the day I had an epiphany. I learned, suddenly, I didn't know why and how, I just did. Maybe because I kept praying to God all those times. The process to happiness wasn't easy. it felt like I was feeling worse. But something or Someone told me it was necessary. I thought, hey, this might not give me the results I wanted. But, then, "Let go and let God." So there, I went on with what felt right and necessary. And the weight I used to feel began to leave me. I was feeling lighter and lighter. It was alien, it was wonderful, it was exhilirating. i smiled -- for real. My life alteration went on and I could say that I was a reformed emo kid by February to March. I was truly happy. I didn't know how to explain such happiness. It was just too much. I've been searching in the wrong places, neglecting the place where true happiness resided: within. It is only when you achieve internal happiness that you'll appreciate and accept true happiness given by others. My summer was pretty boring, but at least I wasn't sad. Happiness was there. And I fell in love with it.

It's blissful to be in love. Remember the song Bubbly? The song states the sensations when you're filled with so much love and bliss. It's wonderful to think that this world is just so beautiful. I wasted so much time on useless things. But I have no regrets. If I didn't go through what I went through, I wouldn't feel these emotions. I wouldn't cherish what I have now. I finally got what I want. I'm finally where I want to be. And I'm not letting go. =)

So, to the emo people out there, cut it out. Smile. Smile for real. Don't be afraid to take that risky step of self-discovery. Don't be afraid to go after your dreams. Don't be afraid to make life utopic. Go ahead. Fall in love.




Fall in love with Life. =)

No comments: