Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Love

Everyone has had really awful days. Every person has experienced frustrations and depression somehow, right? What picks you guys up? Food? A person? Spending? Different people have different and unique pick-me-uppers. They could be as mundane or as extravagant. Well, mine is very simple and yet very effective. I turn to my Love. Nooo, it's not a person. No dork can make me feel good forever. I turn to MUSIC. Yes, I go through my music stream.

There something very therapeutic about listening to music and banging your head to the beat. My usual pick-me-uppers are rock. These are a few of my loves:

-My Chemical Romance
-Fall Out Boy
-Good Charlotte
-Paramore
-The Used
-30 Seconds to Mars
-Evanescence
-Eraserheads
-Parokya ni Edgar
-Kamikazee
-Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
-Sublime

Of course, there's the popular and "in" music now. I can't deny that I like listening to those songs about booze, partying, and naughty hooking-up, or simply Black music. The beat is just so catchy. There's Akon (He rules the airwaves!), Sean Kingston, Rihanna, Yin Yang Twins and many more. I love Low, Me Love, Shake, Dangerous, Crank That Soulja Boy, Smack That, Hypnotized, Bananza (Belly Dancer), etc.
They just make me so happy!ü I don't need a guy, a sister, or even chocolate and coffee. I just need a room, myself, and my music. Turn it up loud!ü It's the beat, the lyrics, the way these artists express themselves and reach out to the people who listen. We are all bound by the beat (I don't care if that's a line ravers say on drugs*)

I'm listening to music while writing this entry (currently Paramore, a few minutes ago, Good Charlotte).
"It just feels so good..."
"Everybody sing!"
"Feel the beat now! If you got nothing left, say I don’t wanna be in love..."

My music. More than my blithe. My bliss. My love.


*According to Spin Magazine (April 2003)

2 comments:

mox said...

ansarap magpalamon sa music :)

Bitz said...

Wow, we have a shared consolation in music.

Wishing the best for your blog.