Monday, March 3, 2008

Ugh.

I have this particular frustration which I share with a common few. But in order for you to understand this frustration, I have to narrate the situation to you.

Let's say you landed on a really great song from a great or even an unknown musician. But you got hooked, so you tell people about it. You say it in a rather enthusiastic way. Unfortunate for you, they wouldn't care because they don't know the band/artist and sure as hell don't know the song! So, fine, you go along your merry way listening to that song that you learned to love while they go back to listening to what's currently IN. You see, here in the Philippines, it takes a year or two for songs to actually become popular and hit mainstream. So, let's say that after a year, that song you loved did hit mainstream. What a shame to hear the people who didn't give a damn about that song last year when you introduced actually love the song. Excuse me, but didn't I introduce that song last year and didn't you people just brush it off because you didn't know it? Annoying or what?

I guess people don't appreciate a song or band unless they hit mainstream. Personally, I like falling in love with a song or band when no one knows about them yet. When they hit mainstream and people go gaga over them, to me, they lose that spark or ear candy charm that I used to love back when only I or a few loved them. It sounds selfish but I don't like the feeling of listening to people go crazy over a band or song that you went crazy for last year. I could personally say, "Please, that was so last year. How late can you get?" o.0
Okay, this is getting mean. Or rather, I'm getting mean. Sorry. It's just a musical frustration since not everyone knows how to appreciate a band by looking for them. Lately, I don't wait for a new hit to be aired on Killerbee or Monster Radio, I fish around. I tell you, there are many fish in the sea worthy of your time. :)

2 comments:

Paru-parong bukid said...

hehe..I totally agree. I usually experience this with my favorite old love songs. First, only I know about them. Then, some band revives them and suddenly everyone likes them! Gosh! I wish they'd still appreciate the songs even without the revivals.:)

margs said...

hahaha. haha. i agree mils, oldies rock. XD