Thursday, March 20, 2008

That McDo Experience

I personally love McDonalds. Most of us do, right? It's one of the most popular fastfood chains around. But one specific experience made me dislike them a bit.

I was one of the many students who didn't get what they expected to be delivered to school from McDonalds. Luckily, I wasn't one of the students who starved that day. I brought a sandwich for lunch and ordered a softdrink and Peach Mango pie from Jollibee earlier. But that's not the whole point here. I want to emphasize McDonalds' mistake that day when they left students waiting in vain for their lunches. Many had their stomachs growling during the afternoon practices. Many were bound by anticipation out of hunger only to find out a few hours later that their lunches wouldn't be coming and that they'd have to go through the day hungry. What shocked me most was the fact that they didn't inform us about the delay or problems. What shocked me more was the information we recieved about which branch our requests were sent to. They were transferred to the branch at Damosa. Excuse me?! Damosa is how many kilometers from Mintal? Two whole hours passed, I noticed that Beth and Mikko were waiting by the gate. Beth was obviously tired and hungry. If you'd go to Build That Geek, you'd see the list of people and their corresponding food orders. Yes, there were many of us, waiting for food which did not arrive.

The servicing branch did not contact us about any delays that were to occur. It was Mikko and Beth who had to call them! So much for the one-hour wait promised to us. Two whole hours of useless anticipation. A number of empty stomachs. Thank God no one fainted. But imagine the frustration of the students who were starving that day. Many of the students didn't have their lunches and we ended our practice at 3:30. Imagine that.

So, Pisayans, bring your own food for the next practice. I guess, we can't rely on those fastfood chains after all.

2 comments:

DTV said...

I personally don't understand why anyone would actually like McDonald's. I mean, I eat there just for the sake of eating. If I wanted to give my tastebuds a pleasant experience I'd eat someplace that didn't serve tasteless white fluff and call them chicken nuggets.

Add to that the fact that it's unhealthy and then it's pure suck.

Seriously, you dudes should've ordered at KFC maybe or Greenwich. At least they'll have the excuse that their food tastes good, if ever they come late. That's a luxury McDonald's doesn't and shouldn't have.

margs said...

fluff? haha