Monday, March 10, 2008

\m/

This just makes me so happy that I have to share it. Okay, you guys do know that I'm into rediscovering and searching bands that have not gone mainstream or have not been heard of especially in the Philippines, right? Well, thanks to Myspace, my job has been easier. Lately, foreign bands have been inviting me to be their friends and asking me to check them out. Their mostly rock bands, maybe because of the groups I joined in Myspace. But don't worry, not all are hard rock and screamo freaks. A lot are more of pop/punk/alternative. Some have really cool sounds. There's Charetta, Oh, Hush!, Classified and just recently (meaning, March 10, 2008), Sex & Missiles, Awaken, Patience, Honeyglass, Thestockmarketcrash, Goodbye Elliot, and Forever Always. That's a lot. Overwhelming. So far, the only bands I listened to are Charetta, Oh, Hush!, Classified, Sex & Missiles, Awaken, and Thestockmarketcrash. I can't listen to all of them at once, can I? So far, I really liked Oh, Hush!, but I found put about them through Myspace Events. Charetta, Sex & Missiles, and one other band (oops) gave me a personal message together with the invite (wee!). So far, I liked Charetta, Sex & Missiles (they're good), Thestockmarketcrash, and Goodbye Elliot. I'm currently listening while typing. Haha! (Ticket to Love by Goodbye Elliot in my ears. No screamos. They sound good.ü)

By the way, there's this Filipino band named Hungry Minds. Do you guys know about them (oops again)? I'll check them out later.

This is fun, maybe by the time these bands hit Pinoy mainstream (if they do), I'd be over them. Haha! That's gonna suck for me but I don't mind. I like the idea of knowing about a band when they just started, or are still underground. By the time, their mainstream, it'll be a year or two after they released their albums. ü (Feeling the punk rock-ness of Forever Always in Never Say Goodbye. Beautiful.ü)

Music is forever being updated. Thanks to Myspace, and to the bands who found me there. I know, there's a slim chance you'd read this but, hell. I just want to give you the recognition I believe you deserve. :) My music, my blithe.

(Sound So Clear in my ears... "Doing what feels right, what others say is wrong, but all you hear in your head is that same old song! I see the way i used to be...before the sound came out so clear..." by Sex & Missiles)

2 comments:

Bitz said...

Oh, Hush! sounds like Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship combined. That's a compliment, of course.

Ako naman may nadiscover ako: Between The Trees, Matt Wertz, My Favorite Highway, Something Corporate. Taking Back Sunday, Newton Faulkner and Brand New.

I applaud your non-mainstream tastes. Magaling sila na bands.

mox said...

ung vocalist sa something corporate, si andrew, siya rin ung vocalist sa jack's mannequin. wala lang, feel ko alam mo mn yan abby :) anyway, amazing kc cancer survivor xa..

nice, nugn second year pa ako naghuhukay ng mga banda , haha, di lang sa net pati na rin sa mga word of mouth .. may napala naman din ako dun, nadiscover ko ang paramore, 2 years ago (sumwer second year) thru anne tabs.. wala lang..share share :)

anyway, listen to Acceptance :)